Every bride deserves to look flawless on her wedding day. With an eye for detail and a passion for beauty, Joanna B. knows exactly how to enhance the natural features of her clients so they look and feel their best. Joanna graciously spent the afternoon in the studio to complete an amazing bridal transformation on one of our consultants, Jamie! Whether you’re looking to make a statement, simply enhance what’s already there, or want to learn tips and tricks for everyday makeup application, this video by Joanna B. will show you how to embrace the best version of yourself for your big day.
Tips for the Perfect Wedding Day Makeup!
• Drink lots of water to keep skin clear and hydrated.
• Invest in a good exfoliator and use 1-3 times a week. This will help remove any dull or dry patches on the skin.
• Moisturize! Even if your skin is oily it can often still be dry in some areas.
• Book a trial session- your trial session is very important and allows time to discuss your needs, concerns, and desired look for the day.
• Fake a flawless finish- opt for airbrush makeup: it covers imperfections, is waterproof, and photographs with a flawless finish.
• Try a bold lip- think of all the kissing you’ll do on your wedding day! Make sure you line your lips before applying gloss; this will provide a long lasting finish.
• Emphasize your eyes- whether you’re the natural, or ultra-glam bride, adding false eyelashes will make your eyes look bigger and brighter. They open up your eyes so they look extra-amazing in photos.
Joanna Bastermajian is a professional makeup artist based in Chicago and known for going above and beyond for her clients. She founded Joanna B. Artistry in 2012 with the understanding that in order to look your best, you have to also feel your best. Since then, she has worked with hundreds of clients, bringing out their most unique and exquisite features.
Thank you again, Joanna, we had a wonderful time with you! Check out more of Joanna’s work and schedule a consultation with her on her website.